Backup forum

A place to discuss Backup software and online services

You are not signed in.

Announcement

Signed in and can't post? Click here!Hot Tags: account Android Archive cleanup Code42 CrashPlan Backup bug bugs cleanup CcrPU Delete desktop error fail failed failure feature request idevsutil iDrive community incremental internet issue linux log login mac Mobile password performance progress QNAP REST restore Security slow speed suggestions support sync Synology upgrade upload windows backblaze carbonite SugarSync Dropbox Veeam Memopal Netgear Asustor Pro Softnet Corporation Raghu Kulkarni

#1 2021-05-12 16:17:44

butidratherwalk

IDrive refusing to upload

In the months since I set up IDrive, I've been able to get ~200GB uploaded out of 2TB total. It uploaded smoothly at first, but I haven't been able to get beyond that 200GB - usually, a backup session will upload, at most, 15MB of files, but more often 0 files (0 bytes), before giving me an error message.

At first, I could upload maybe 4-50GB before it gave me an error, after which I'd restart, but now the errors are incessant. After uploading 0-15MB of files, it stops and gives me this message:
"Unable to continue the backup operation. Reason : Possible reasons: 1. Ensure that you do not have an intermittent Internet connection. 2. Check if you have granted the necessary privileges on local firewall settings for it to run correctly."

My connection has no problems, as far as I know. Disabling my firewall did nothing. I also gave firewall permissions to the various exe files the website tells you to allow for - this also did nothing. I have temporarily uninstalled my antivirus software, but this also did not help.  Today I cleared out my cloud storage completely and tried restarting from the beginning. Same as before - smooth at first, then not so much. The error occurs during the upload of files both large and small, so filesize doesn't seem to be the problem (e.g., it got caught on a 30KB readme file earlier today, on my C drive). It happens during the upload of both my drives, C and E.  Any ideas?

#2 2021-05-12 18:18:58

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: IDrive refusing to upload

Have you looked in Tracefile.txt?

You can find it in:

C:\ProgramData\IDrive\IBCOMMON\-profile- (-profile- is your backup profile name)

It contains more information than you will find in the standard logs.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Let’s Encrypt- free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) StatusCake Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam