Backup forum

A place to discuss Backup software and online services

You are not signed in.

Announcement

Signed in and can't post? Click here!Hot Tags: account Android Archive cleanup Code42 CrashPlan Backup bug bugs cleanup CcrPU Delete desktop error fail failed failure feature request idevsutil iDrive community incremental internet issue linux log login mac Mobile password performance progress QNAP REST restore Security slow speed suggestions support sync Synology upgrade upload windows backblaze carbonite SugarSync Dropbox Veeam Memopal Netgear Asustor Pro Softnet Corporation Raghu Kulkarni

#1 2019-12-22 01:34:23

QuestionEverything

IDrive Express Reset Needed or Not?

I have been using IDrive for a while to backup a few certain folders. I also use Backblaze to back up all my data. However Backblaze does not backup OS, just data.

Now I would now like to do Disk Image backup of both drives C & D........... C: drive which has my OS for windows 10 pro on it, and all my D: data drive, not just a few certain files. So my question is..........Before I backup all of C & D to IDrive as a Disk Image should i first do a reset of IDrive deleting what is already there starting with a clean slate, or should I just go to the control panel and select the C & D drives for Disk Image?

If I don't do a reset is the program going to recognize what is already there or is it going to re-backup everything as a disk image. I am thinking I should do a reset but wanting some more opinions before I do that.

I plan on doing this via IDrive Express.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

#2 2019-12-22 10:44:31

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: IDrive Express Reset Needed or Not?

I did this when I migrated from IDrive Classic.

I ordered the Express Disk from IDrive, but due various delays (holidays, Customs & Pro Softnet) over half of my data had been uploaded to my account before they restored my images.

They assured me that the data would "merge" - newer files would not be overwritten, and it appears they were correct.

So I think you'll be fine to leave the data on there - and even keep doing backups while the Express Disk is in transit.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Let’s Encrypt- free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) StatusCake Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam