Backup forum

A place to discuss Backup software and online services

You are not signed in.

Announcement

Signed in and can't post? Click here!Hot Tags: account Android Archive cleanup Code42 CrashPlan Backup bug bugs cleanup CcrPU Delete desktop error fail failed failure feature request idevsutil iDrive community incremental internet issue linux log login mac Mobile password performance progress QNAP REST restore Security slow speed suggestions support sync Synology upgrade upload windows backblaze carbonite SugarSync Dropbox Veeam Memopal Netgear Asustor Pro Softnet Corporation Raghu Kulkarni

#1 2020-03-13 13:50:46

niverpool

File scan interrupted by "Retrying"

Every so often, when I attempt an Online Backup with IDrive, the progress bar shows that a File List is being prepared, and then fairly quickly, instead of seeing files being scanned and backed up, the annoying word 'Retrying' comes up, and eventually I give up and try again. Sometimes this happens several times. I go through the process of shutting down all IDrive processes, restart the IDrive Tray, restart IDrive service, run IDrive as administrator as their support has suggested, and sometimes it then works, but this can last for days before I can successfully backup online.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

I am running on Windows 10 64-Bit, with the latest version of IDrive. I use Windows Defender Firewall and have Malwarebytes v4 installed. I have tried deactivating Malwarebytes, but it makes no difference.

#2 2020-03-17 23:37:49

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: File scan interrupted by "Retrying"

Are there any useful messages in the Windows Application or System logs?

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Let’s Encrypt- free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) StatusCake Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam