Backup forum

A place to discuss Backup software and online services

You are not signed in.

Announcement

Signed in and can't post? Click here!Hot Tags: account Android Archive cleanup Code42 CrashPlan Backup bug bugs cleanup CcrPU Delete desktop error fail failed failure feature request idevsutil iDrive community incremental internet issue linux log login mac Mobile password performance progress QNAP REST restore Security slow speed suggestions support sync Synology upgrade upload windows backblaze carbonite SugarSync Dropbox Veeam Memopal Netgear Asustor Pro Softnet Corporation Raghu Kulkarni

#1 2024-03-26 08:34:53

JerryJim

IDrive stopping network access

We have a Windows 2022 server and have been running IDrive to back up our working files for months will great success.

However on 23 March 2024 it stopped working. The effect was to cause the network to no longer be accessible to users, remote access and the internet. This coincided with an update on IDrive, an update on Windows. The Windows update has since had a patch, and this has not resolved the issue. A reboot of the server and it all runs fine. If we cancel the backup the server runs without issue overnight. The odd one is that if we run the backup, allow it to fail, reboot the server, rerun the backup allow it sometimes has success. Sometimes after a few tries and reboots it will succeed.

I have uninstalled IDrive and reinstalled it, changed the number of files, and found that with lower numbers of files it is successful. But with all the files, approx 110,000, it will fail again.

This morning we I ran it via remote access, and I lost connection to the server at 22% backup complete, but someone watching the server reported the backup lost connection at 57%. It is set to use 45% bandwidth.

Any ideas

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Let’s Encrypt- free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) StatusCake Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam