Backup forum

A place to discuss Backup software and online services

You are not signed in.

Announcement

Signed in and can't post? Click here!Hot Tags: account Android Archive cleanup Code42 CrashPlan Backup bug bugs cleanup CcrPU Delete desktop error fail failed failure feature request idevsutil iDrive community incremental internet issue linux log login mac Mobile password performance progress QNAP REST restore Security slow speed suggestions support sync Synology upgrade upload windows backblaze carbonite SugarSync Dropbox Veeam Memopal Netgear Asustor Pro Softnet Corporation Raghu Kulkarni
  • Index
  •  » Common Room
  •  » I don't understand this email I got from IDrive on Jan. 7th! RSS Feed

#1 2021-02-02 19:55:29

Zeke
On hiatus
Website

I don't understand this email I got from IDrive on Jan. 7th!

Dear User,

It has been a pleasure to have you as a loyal customer of IDriveSync. Ever since its inception, IDriveSync has aimed to provide secure and cost-effective file-syncing to customers. However, we are sorry to inform you that the product has reached its end-of-life and will be discontinued by Dec 31st, 2021.

What will change after Dec 31st, 2021?

As part of this change, your IDriveSync account will be cancelled on Dec 31st, 2021. All your synced files and folders will be deleted from our servers.
    To sync your files across devices, you must create an IDrive account and use the online file sync feature. Know more about using sync in IDrive.

Get Started with IDrive Cloud Backup!
Protect all of your PCs, Macs, iOS and Android devices with a single IDrive Cloud Backup account. Schedule backups for automated data protection, access your data from anywhere. Get sync space matching your cloud backup space; sync files across all linked devices and the cloud account in real time.

Visit https://www.IDrive.com for more information about the features and benefits of IDrive Cloud Backup. Have any queries? Contact our support team anytime, 24/7!

Regards,
The IDrive Team

Brindlekin Tales (or "Flaco & Lucky: a Tale of 2 Doggies")
https://zekeblog.wordpress.com/brindlekin-tales/

#2 2021-02-02 21:10:15

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: I don't understand this email I got from IDrive on Jan. 7th!

It looks like they're retiring the standalone IDriveSync product. From December 2021 they'll only have the Backup product, which includes Sync.

#3 2021-02-03 02:06:04

Zeke
On hiatus
Website

Well, the "sign up for an IDrive account" link has no "I'm already subscribed to IDrive" option, so you can transfer all your data to the new system. It's just for new subscriptions. I have almost two more years remaining on the plan I subscribed to...looks like they're not gonna honor that. So I'm still confused. How come no one on this forum has brought this up yet? I couldn't find anything about it.

Last edited by Zeke (2021-02-03 04:18:16)

#4 2021-02-03 13:03:52

SteveA
Administrator
Website

I don't think anyone's talking about it because IDrive are trying to keep it under the radar. I can't find any mention of the closure at www.idrivesync.com which quietly redirects you to www.IDrive.com if you hit the Sign-up button. I suspect they only have a handful of customers remaining on this product which duplicates the functions of the main product, and its just not viable to keep it going.

I would suggest you contact them about your remaining subscription, they'll probably offer to add the remaining time to a new Backup account, or a partial refund if you don't want to subscribe to that.

Unfortunately IDrive never offer to transfer data between accounts - they claim its not possible due to encryption. It happened to me when I migrated from a legacy account to the current version.

#5 2021-02-03 19:56:42

Zeke
On hiatus
Website

Okay, I'll contact them, to see what's going on. Thanks. But it really sucks that the data can't be transferred...I put a lot of time into getting everything uploaded to the cloud...and so much more data has been added these last few months. f*ck 'em...I've already resubscribed to Google Drive at $1,99/month for 100 GB storage...way more than my needs. I'll report back with their response, soon.

Last edited by Zeke (2021-02-03 19:58:38)

• Index
  •  » Common Room
  •  » I don't understand this email I got from IDrive on Jan. 7th! RSS Feed

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Let’s Encrypt- free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) StatusCake Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam