Backup forum

A place to discuss Backup software and online services

You are not signed in.

Announcement

Signed in and can't post? Click here!Hot Tags: account Android Archive cleanup Code42 CrashPlan Backup bug bugs cleanup CcrPU Delete desktop error fail failed failure feature request idevsutil iDrive community incremental internet issue linux log login mac Mobile password performance progress QNAP REST restore Security slow speed suggestions support sync Synology upgrade upload windows backblaze carbonite SugarSync Dropbox Veeam Memopal Netgear Asustor Pro Softnet Corporation Raghu Kulkarni

#1 2021-07-21 16:07:23

TPK8838

Timezone?

Hello,

It seems in IDrive all the times are in Pacific by default...

For the life of me I cannot figure out where to set the Timezone...  Can someone point this out to me here?

Thanks much

... TPK

#2 2021-07-21 16:25:54

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: Timezone?

The client on your computer should use your computer's timezone, but the the online Dashboard seems to be hard-coded to PST.

#3 2021-07-21 16:32:41

TPK8838

SteveA wrote:

The client on your computer should use your computer's timezone, but the the online Dashboard seems to be hard-coded to PST.

/rant on
... Wow!!!

There is no way to set the timezone from the control-panel (site)??   For an online/cloud backup service??   So we can know (without confusion) the timestamp of a backed-up file when viewing it from the site??

... Thats, just...  wow!!!   Even this forum has a timestamp setting...

I know, its kind of a minor thing, and I suppose I could just learn to always remember to add a few hours to the time it shows (and explain that to the other admins)..  But if they couldn't build in a timezone setting, it makes me wonder what other things are sort of missing with this....

I mean really...  That is kinda silly...

/rant off

#4 2021-07-21 16:38:43

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Yes, it seems like a glaring omission and something that would be simple to implement.

#5 2021-07-21 22:24:05

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Here's a discussion from the original IDrive forum from 6 years ago.

You could reach out to IDrive, but don't hold your breath!

csmale on "Web Client - Timezone and Date Format"
September 25, 2015, 10:14 pm

I am in Western Europe (GMT+1+daylight time, so GMT+2 at the moment) but all the modification times and dates are out by several whole hours. I suspect it is showing everything in PST. Also, the date format is mm/dd/yyyy, which is US-specific and is potentially confusing for the first 12 days of every month.

When dealing with backups and versions it is very important that there be no confusion about dates and versions....

Can these two things be made configurable in the user profile? Or even better, derived automatically through the browser? Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

IDrive on "Web Client - Timezone and Date Format"
September 27, 2015, 8:22 pm

Our data centers are located in California and the backup time and date listed in the web-manager is as per PST. We have forwarded your feedback to our development team as an enhancement request.

Lars Kuhlmann on "Web Client - Timezone and Date Format"
October 30, 2015, 4:49 am

I have the same problem.
It should show the local times instead.

November 1, 2015, 8:22 pm

We have forwarded your feedback to our development team as an enhancement request.

Julie loves cats on "Web Client - Timezone and Date Format"
March 10, 2016, 9:17 am

I would also like to support the request for local time display. I am in Australia, and PST really doesn't help me determine the timestamp of files.

March 10, 2016, 8:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback. This feature request has been forwarded to our development team. They will be working on enhancing the product and may implement the suggested feature based on feasibility.

Ray98 on "Web Client - Timezone and Date Format"
April 14, 2016, 11:30 pm

Please also direct my request also. I have this same issue.

I'm in the uk.

April 17, 2016, 9:21 pm

@Ray98, we have forwarded this feedback to our development team.

Burlington Press on "Web Client - Timezone and Date Format"
September 1, 2016, 4:54 am

We would also like this feature to be added. We are based in ET and it would be very helpful if the timestamp was localized. Thank you!

September 4, 2016, 10:16 pm

This feature request has been forwarded to our development team. They will be working on enhancing the product and may implement the suggested feature based on feasibility.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Let’s Encrypt- free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) StatusCake Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam